High calibre Senior IT Manager with over 20 years’ experience in IT Infrastructure, Business Process and Operational Management, Merger and Acquisition Integration, Business Case Development and Systems Implementation. Led multiple engagements on high profile projects in UK, ME, Asia and Africa.
- Industries : Real Estate, Insurance, FMCG, Professional Services and Publishing.
- Proven ability to develop and manage successful 3rd party relationships.
- Extensive IT experience gained from many years of hands-on experience as a business analyst, supply chain analyst, software developer, infrastructure engineer and project and programme manager.
- Experienced management and operational business manager with P&L responsibility.
- Highly skilled in project scoping, cost structuring and financial reporting and turning around failing projects.
- Certified Practitioner in structured project management methodologies including PRINCE2 and MSP with exposure to ITIL.
- Exceptional staff management skills in matrix organisation across multiple continents delivering high performance teams.
- Proficient in the decomposition of business and IT processes to support transitioning On-Premise solutions to cloud based SaaS platforms.
- Led a 2 year infrastructure refresh project for a 3200 strong professional services firm, using the Microsoft IO Model, allowing the IT division reduce staff by 30% and IT Budget by 40% while re-organising the IT infrastructure team across Europe, UK, ME and Asia into a high performing team.
- Led a £2.5m technology and site integration programme covering 100 locations for a UK based property management company following an acquisition, allowing the business to hit its real estate consolidation targets leading to savings over £3m on property costs alone. The single largest project consisted of 21 locations in less than 6 months.
- Worked as programme lead on a £2m systems implementation programme providing programme management and methodology expertise for a UK based property services group, steering the business to deliver on a key milestone in 6 months after the previous team that had been in place for 15 months failed, allowing the business to implement a central system across 2 divisions eliminating redundant business processes.
- Conducted the review of Delhi based infrastructure services operations to determine suitability for UK operations leading to a £300k improvement programme.
March 2009 – Present Global Head of IT Operations EC Harris LLP (4 years)
- Application Integration/ technology workstream lead on the implementation of Agresso ERP application.
- Involved in the negotiation of a global Enterprise Agreement with Microsoft and the selection of implementation partners.
- Transitioned multiple On-Premise solutions to the cloud to reduce costs and improve resource utilisation.
- Led the modernisation of 2 Data centres and introduced the Cisco UCS and EMC VNX Storage platform with centralised management consoles on both platforms reducing data centre real-estate by 50%.
- Introduced Cloud based backup platform across UK, ME and Asia.
- Deployed a single image on desktops/laptops across UK, ME and Asia using SCCM for zero-touch deployment reducing support calls and improving customer satisfaction.
- Introduced Data Centre Failover using Vmware SRM reducing risk of service outages to the business.
August 2008 – February 2009 Programme Director Syncterface (1 year)
- Implementation of BPOS standard and later transition to Office 365 to enable collaboration between authors and editorial staff.
- Managed the project to process map operational processes for the iChurch application toolkit.
- Developed the data management and hosting strategy for iChurch Platform.
- Created object oriented model for iChurch platform.
March 2008 – August 2008 Consulting Services Director Realfoundations (6 months)
- Involved in multiple account development activities in UK, Europe and Africa.
- Led £500k client engagement on the implementation of Yardi property management system for pan-European operations.
- Provided Quality Assurance on client engagement proposals.
February 2001 – March 2008 IT Programme Director Erinaceous (7 years)
- Led the setup of a PMO to support the delivery of 150+ projects, for a property services group covering technology and business projects and associated tools based on MS Project Server with a project book value in excess of £6m.
- Managed a project to outsource back-office processes from an UK based Asset & Residential Management divisions to outsourced partner in Delhi delivering significant headcount savings iro £170K.
Finance for IT Managers
Managing Successful Programmes (MSP) Practitioner
PRINCE2 Practitioner certification on Project Management P2R/153598
Unilever ABG Leadership Development Programme – Kenya, East Africa
Unilever ABG Supply Chain Awareness Course – Ghana, West Africa
1998 HND Computer Science